Ruston Planning & Zoning Meeting is from 5:30 to 6:30pm at Ruston City Hall.
The Planning and Zoning Department works closely with the Permits and Inspections department to insure that construction inside the City meets zoning and building code requirements. Permit requests for buildings, signs, and communication towers are reviewed for compliance with zoning requirements.
The Planning and Zoning Office manages applications for the following land use developments and requests:
- Re-zoning of property inside Ruston
- Subdivisions and re-subdivisions of land in Ruston
- Annexations of property into Ruston
- Conditional Use permits
- Home Occupation permits
- Nonconforming Use permits
- Street revocation requests